tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Saturday, May 21, 2005

T-Shyatsu

I am once again in Japan, and once again it is completely awesome. My hotel is incredible. I am staying at the "Shinkobe Oriental City," which is aptly named. It goes on forever, connecting with the great oneness-of-shopping mall that is Japan. I can probably buy anything inside the hotel, from fine jewelry to dollar store items, from expensive furniture to kitchy ash trays, and from $500-plate skyroom dining to Wendy's. And the bottom basement floor is a network of grocery stores. It's all right here. I actually can't find my way out of the hotel. Maybe Japan is the hotel.

I just had breakfast, and I wanted to make this post to document some T-shirts that some girls were wearing. One said "Defined Analysis" across the front, and the other said "Sel no. 8". I did a quick search for "Sel" on dictionary.com, which returned both "Self-Extensible Language" and "Subset-Equational Language." Thanks once again to the Computer Science people for gobbling up all the world's acronyms. Anyway, Japan rocks. I'm going shopping today to see if I can find those T-shirts.

1 Comments:

At 5/23/05, 10:04 AM, Blogger James said...

If you can find me a "Recursively Enumerable" shirt, you get a gold star. The star will feature a flashing LCD gerbil, will play Aerosmith midis ad infinitum and if you don't feed it, it dies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home