tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

So lonely.

Don't ask me how I found this link. Random google searches sometimes turn up unexpected gems. This particular site features a typical self-pity blog post. But for some reason it is followed in its comments by a long list of poetic dittos that span several years. The comments go on and on, each person adding their own melancholy message of personal neglect. Here are some examples:

Ariel says "i'm afraid my loneliness has become something more than just a desperate emotion. For i am standing in a continuing darkness that echoes silence. I use to fear that i would never be able to have a moment to myself, a chance to be alone... and now that's all i know..."

Then Adam says "Another Valentines day has arrived and yet again I am stuck alone in my world of complete darkness. I feel that I live to experience loneliness and despair."

...and so on...

Then Alexandra eventually says "Hey guys. A lot of you sound like you've got some serious problems with depression. I used to be the same way, until I owned up to my problem and got help. Call your local hospital and they will refer you to a mental health professional."

But G-Unit completes the thread with this sentiment: "Nah just end it."

In spite of my best efforts at sympathy, this thread cracked me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home