tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Followup on charging Moore.

It appears that Canada is seriously considering filing charges against Michael Moore for political statements that he made during a June visit. Is this country so fucking weak-brained that they can't handle a little public commentary from an outsider? Apparently the answer is "yes":
Elections Canada is mulling over plans to charge Fahrenheit 9/11 filmmaker Michael Moore for a direct violation of Canadian electoral law. However, Canadafreepress.com is reported to have learned through sources that the charges will be filed by the end of the week.
So many times I've heard Canadians complain that Americans know nothing of their politics. I've been asked my opinion about candidates many times during the buildup to their recent election. They have a TV show which mocks American ignorance of Canadian politics. But look at it this way: if Americans become informed about Canadian politics, they will likely form opinions. Being Americans, they will likely voice those opinions in a very loud and public way. Once they do that, Canada calls it a fucking crime and could put you in jail for up to six months! By informing me of Canadian politics and asking my opinion, are my "friends" trying to entrap me in the commission of a crime!? Probably not. But I still think Canada, as a nation, is a two-faced ass head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home