tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Friday, March 14, 2003

Linux fucking rules. I've become accustomed to some things just not working under Linux without a lot of effort. Today I tried two things, just for the hell of it, with my fairly new installation of Red Hat 8.0. First, I tried suspending my laptop. This didn't ever work before. Now it does. Perfectly. Then, just to see what would happen, I plugged in my USB drawing tablet, and it fucking worked. It doesn't even work in Windows right now. I know less and less about how my Linux system works (it's evolving pretty much without me these days). But I actually need to know less in order to use it. Red Hat 8 has, in my opinion, surpassed Windows in user-friendliness, ease of installation and variety of features. Fuck Microsoft, fuck them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home