tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Saturday, January 11, 2003

We're experiencing a new kind of cold here in Edmonton. It's -16 C (-22 with wind-chill), which I believe is flirting with absolute zero. The humidity is extremely low, so it doesn't feel as uncomfortable as you might think. I don't bundle up as much as I would on a typical day in Salt Lake this time of year. But it feels really different. If I take a deep breath, it doesn't make my lungs ache. It makes my teeth ache. The instant I step outside I feel the moisture freeze on my face and in my nose. My eyebrows feel frosty. I wandered around on campus yesterday, marvelling at this new sensation. It's colder here than in any walk-in freezer, so I can honestly say I've never felt cold quite like this before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home