tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Wednesday, December 11, 2002

ONE YEAR AGO in December I was in Salt Lake. I took these pictures:

snow downtown spooky temple Mary Tree Shrine at Mary Tree My Old House Sunny campus

This year I'm about a thousand miles north of Salt Lake. Its warmer and there isn't much snow. I strangely miss my slummy old apartment. Kitchen fires, slanted floor and all. I was sad this summer to see that the Mary tree had been defaced. I don't believe in shamelessly robbing the simple minded of the harmless symbols from which they take comfort. And Salt Lake has been robbed of a valuable camp artifact. Various pieces in Gilgal gardens were also defaced. Very sad. At least the man with the brick pants is still in good condition. I miss having odd religious relics to puzzle over. And I miss having those spooky downtown cult buildings to shudder at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home