tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Tuesday, December 10, 2002

I got this link from fark. Apparently a guy in Trinidad told a woman he was psychic and that she would die if she didn't perform certain "rituals" with him, such as sleeping with him. The article says "Although the sex act was consensual, Dubay was charged with rape because of his fraudulent story." This sounds like a can of worms... I wonder if this is a case of diminished capacity; any woman who would sleep with a man because of his "psychic powers" probably lacks the mental competency needed for consent. On the other hand, if its rape any time a guy lies to get sex... "He said he loved me but he really didn't" could be a prelude to a rape trial. Or perhaps "I only slept with him because he promised me money..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home