tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Wednesday, December 11, 2002

White and Delightsome: the Mormon Church appears to be gearing up for a new round of ex-communications for intellectuals. James sent me this link which tells all about it. One researcher has done work in genetics to verify common lineage between Native Americans and native Siberians (and thus they aren't the descendents of Jews who came to the Americas in submarines thousands of years ago, as suggested by the Book of Mormon). He's gotta go. The article also says, "Elder Boyd Packer, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, declared feminists, homosexuals and "so-called intellectuals" dangers to the church. A series of excommunications followed, though high-profile cases have waned."

In other news, something less white and delightsome is going on with my eye... I spent three hours in the clinic today. They didn't know what it was. They said wait until tomorrow and see if it changes into something they recognise. Here's a picture of it:

My eye with blob

It stings and its wierd. They gave me a vision test. I read a line, "Z B X 4..." The nurse giggled, and I corrected myself: "ZED B X 4..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home