tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Friday, February 13, 2004

After waiting weeks for shipping, and after spending hours in the car looking for the FedEx distribution center, I finally got my copy of the non-crippled MandrakeMove "Live CD" Linux distribution, with USB key. Here's my review: it doesn't fucking work. It is supposed to boot up and read data from the fucking USB key, but it doesn't seem to activate the fucking USB services. It never sees the fucking key at all. Thanks, Mandrake, for taking my money and wasting my time. I heard you guys had improved, but those rumors have been proven false. Good luck with your fucking bankruptcy, fuckers. What shits me the most is that this exact same goddamn computer ran Mandrake just a few years ago and the USB fucking worked. Pardon me, I'm having a shitty day and I need to go retract some recommendations I made to people on the basis of early reviews of MandrakeMove. All that goddamn money and the manual is on par with what you get with Windows. This setup is partly intended for people who are new to Linux. Imagine the disappointment when a newbie buys this and can't even get through the first fucking boot. Damn you Mandrake for shitting on Linux's good name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home