tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Sunday, May 18, 2003

This post on Right-Wing News is a pretty good summary of the present conservative agenda. It is odd that conservatives propose reforms, considering that "conservativism" basically means preservation of the status-quo. Anyway, the common sentiment that I want to talk about is this one:
Abortion: I don't believe the rights of any mother should include the right to kill her child unless her own life is in danger. I'd like to see a Constitutional amendment banning abortion except when the mother's life is in danger.
I would like to go much farther than this. You see, I don't believe that the rights of any father should include the right to kill his potential children (i.e. sperm), nor should any mother have the right to neglect her eggs. Every haploid cell has as much right to life as any human. I'd like to see a Constitutional amendment outlawing menstruation and the wasting of sperm. I collect all of my sperm and keep it in cold storage so that all of my little guys have a fighting chance. Every one else should be required to do the same. And no woman should have the right to waste an egg without at least attempting conception, with the possible exception of mothers who choose to have their eggs harvested and donated to infertile couples. Also, since there is a lot more sperm out there than eggs, it is clear that we need to resume the draft for men and start a lot more wars. That is the only way to maintain a suitable sperm/egg ratio to make sure that no ejaculation or ovulation goes wasted. I defy anyone to provide me with a good reason why we should continue to permit the legal holocaust of innocent haploid cells in this country. This is America, dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home