tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

This is probably extremely old hat to most people, but I just went to welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com for the first time. I was sent there by this BBC article. Sahhaf is now immortal (or at least the stuff he kept saying about the Iraqi skirmish is).
Mr Sahhaf disappeared after American forces entered central Baghdad, but not before insisting: "They are going to surrender or be burned in their tanks."
Though George W. Bush and I may have several deep chasms (philosophical, sociological, theological, etc.) separating us, I suppose that if we ever found ourselves in a situation where we had to chat congenially for a few seconds, we could both chuckle about Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf's bizarre consistency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home