tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Tuesday, January 21, 2003

It's been snowing steadily and heavily for days. Everything is covered in snow. I heard an interesting rumor: the past two winters in Edmonton had very little snowfall, and the city save hundreds of thousands of dollars on clearing the streets. The rumor is that they're holding out to see what would happen if they didn't plow the streets this year, even though there's more snow. So far it doesn't seem to be causing a problem. The snow doesn't melt when it's -20, so there's no ice. Meanwhile... I heard there was a 60-car pileup on I-80 in Salt Lake last week due to dense fog. I also heard that a life-flight helicopter crashed while trying to find the accident site. As the Canadians say, "pretty wow, eh?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home