tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Thursday, November 14, 2002

From what I heard in the news, I never liked the bankruptcy bill that was about to become law today. The bill would make it more difficult for non-rich people to file for bankruptcy, etc, and was strongly supported by MBNA (my evil creditor) during their record-high payout to purchase Republican lawmakers in 2000. According to The New York Times the bill was killed by Republican infighting: anti-abortion Republicans didn't like a clause that would prevent protesters (e.g. at abortion clinics) from writing off their court fees. There were enough anti-abortionists to kill the bill. I am pleased and disturbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home