tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Grading Assignments

I am slowly catching up, grading all the assignments that were handed in to me during this semester. I have seriously procrastinated grading them, and now they are quite a heavy burden upon my weary head. Some ask, "How did you let yourself get so far behind?" Well, imagine that you have a bucket of math. You take this bucket, maybe 10 pages worth, and shake it out onto a single sheet of paper, making a pile. Then you step on it, smush it, and smear it. That's what most of the homeworks look like. Much of the work is virtually illegible. I look for things that look like answers, circle them, and decide how correct they seem to look. The writing is often illegible. Sometimes, when I can read the words, I can't parse the grammar. Here is an excerpt from one of the top-scoring homeworks:
Common mode DC offset of Vout: -- Let Vin is the common since current through both transistors is the input same,
Truncrt. (All of these guys speak and write English perfectly well, by the way. They just can't manage to do it on the homeworks.)

1 Comments:

At 12/13/04, 9:58 AM, Blogger James said...

I was going to laugh, but then I realized how proud I am that Brooks Stafford got into an ECE program at a major reasearch university. Kudos, Brooks, kudos.

Then when Kirchhoff's voltage law cant to school, (phi-sub-M)=BAcos(theta)N went for are.

Then school got out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home