tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Monday, November 01, 2004

Walmart = Hitler?

Two days ago I went down to Borders and bought two books: America: The Book by John Stewart and The Daily Show, and When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? by George Carlin. I chose the Carlin book because of this line in the inside of the book's sleeve: "You know what kind of guy you never see any more? A fop." Cross-reference this site for more information about why I find this line particularly amusing. As it turns out, both of these titles recently joined the banned list at Walmart! That's all right, I guess. A Walmart spokesman said " the book would not 'appeal to the majority' of the store's customers." I guess that must be true. I, for one, think Walmart = Massive Shit Hole, and I hate shopping there. I suppose the "majority of the store's customers" must feel differently. Good for them. So, like, when is the conservative hoard going to round up us non-Walmart shoppers, and force us to live on our own island? That doesn't sound half bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home