tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Monday, February 02, 2004

Damn. I have been forced to entertain the possibility that I'm not as big a nerd as I thought I was, because I'd never seen this before:
The Metric System Sucks! We are of the firm belief that the metric system sucks. It is a global conspiracy created to cause the downfall of all things that we know and love. Upon careful examination it is clear that the metric system is at least indirectly responsible for most of the world's problems, including but not limited to: Government conspiracy Microsoft Windows Rap Music Hondas and their drivers Transistors Pokemon Jerry Springer Televangelism Toxic waste The Republicans The Democrats Defective and bogus hardware Wrenches that dont fit Starbucks coffee Communism Soccer The Euro
Nice. Transistors are now officially one of the world's problems, which is heartening, because that's what I've been saying all along! Even cooler than that site is the fact that I was directed to it from the links page of my new favorite band, Metric:
www.ilovemetric.com
I saw them in concert last night, and it was great. It fact, in order to reclaim at least a modicum of my nerdosity, I'm going to go ahead and say that Metric r0x0rs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home