tsujigiri

The editorial comments of Chris and James, covering the news, science, religion, politics and culture.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." -Douglas Adams

Thursday, February 13, 2003

Once again, Dennis Hastert and Tom DeLay demonstrate why they're such clear-headed and prescient legislators: Some U.S. lawmakers want to ban French water, wine and move troops from Germany.

"France and Germany are losing credibility by the day and they are, I think, losing status in the world," the Post quoted House Majority Leader Tom DeLay as saying. "They are walking a fine line that is very dangerous."

They forget to mention that when DeLay says "the world", he actually means "my office". I'm most concerned that my Democratic congresswoman wasn't mentioned by name in this article. I'm going to do my civic duty and call her right now. My district here in San Diego needs to be a leader, not a follower, on this issue. In fact, I'm going to suggest further steps, such as higher tariffs on French imports of re-issued Maurice Chevalier CDs and, of course, an outright ban on German Lederhosen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home